Husband of Missing Colorado Woman Speaks Amidst Lawsuit, Anniversary of Disappearance
Barry Morphew, the husband of missing and presumed dead Colorado woman Suzanne Morphew, has spoken with ABC News for Good Morning America following the third anniversary of her disappearance.
Barry is currently suing investigators involved with the case for $15 million, claiming that they wrongfully charged him with Suzanne's death. Prosecutors dropped the first-degree murder charge against him last year.
Suzanne went missing on May 10, 2020, and authorities have not found her remains. Barry previously went on Good Morning America in May of last year to speak about the dropped charges, stating that he wanted Suzanne to be found.
In a new interview released on Monday (May 15), Barry told ABC News that he had nothing to do with Suzanne's disappearance and called the accusations against him "very hurtful."
Barry's lawyer emphasized his innocence, stating: "If they would just look for Suzanne outside of where they hypothesized Barry could have possibly buried her remains, they could find her."
Prosecutors hinted that they knew the location of Suzanne's body after dropping the charges against Barry in 2022; however, nothing came of their theory.
Barry and Suzanne's daughters, Macy and Mallory, also appeared in the interview and told ABC News that they never doubted their father's innocence.
When asked about his and Suzanne's marriage, Barry denied any strife and said that Suzanne's chemotherapy caused her to make "bad decisions." He also said that Suzanne's affair with her hometown friend Jeff Libler — a fact revealed in Barry's preliminary hearings — left him "heartbroken."
ABC News reports that authorities "still believe Barry Morphew could be involved in his wife's disappearance and aren't ruling out future charges."