NOCO Schools Closing For COVID-19 Concerns
Many Northern Colorado students are preparing to go on Spring Break and now the timeline will be extended.
The Colorado High School Activities Association (CHSAA) has canceled all athletic events and practices through April 6 and will re-evaluate at that time.
Here's what the districts have announced:
- Poudre School District that houses Fort Collins and Wellington schools has temporarily suspended all field trips, events and activities until further notice. PSD spring break will extend another week from the originally planned March 16-20 to also include March 16-27.
- Thompson School District that houses Loveland and Berthoud Schools will also be starting Spring Break on Monday. Thompson School District also extended its spring break another week through Friday, March 27. During this period of closure, district staff will be conducting deep cleanings of all buildings throughout the district.
- Greeley-Evans School District announced it extended regularly-scheduled spring break starting March 16 and now extending to March 29.
- Weld RE-5J School District that houses Johnstown and Miliken schools announced that it will close school from March 16- April 3. The School District originally had its Spring Break scheduled on March 30-April 3.
- Weld RE-4 School District that houses Windsor and Severance schools announced that it will close schools from March 16-April 5. The school district initially has its spring break planned for March 23-27.